Health

Man dies after being infected with flesh-eating bacteria – yahoo.com


MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee man died this week after being infected with a flesh-eating bacteria during a trip to a Florida beach.

According to news reports, the man became ill shortly after returning from vacation in Destin Beach where he was visiting family for the 4th of July.

Cheryl Wiygul, the man’s daughter, says the family discovered that a large sore had developed on her dad’s back once they had returned home, as well as red bumps on his arms and legs. The man died on July 7, just 48 hours after his last swim in Florida.

Wiygul added that while her dad didn’t have any open cuts or wounds, he did have a compromised immune system due to cancer treatments and that may have put him at greater risk.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Related posts

Ground beef likely cause of E. coli food poisoning outbreak in Kentucky, 5 other states – WPSD Local 6

admin

Maureen McCormick is tired of anti-vaxxers using Marcia Brady meme – New York Post

admin

Man swallows dentures: Man's dentures found lodged inside his throat 8 days after having surgery – CBS News

admin

Leave a Comment

eighteen − three =