- The stays in green, though the momentum is waning.
- Bitcoin has been consolidating the recent gains.
- XRP is the best performing coin of the day.
Cryptocurrency market has calmed down after a strong rise during the previous days. Bitcoin and the majority of top altcoins are consolidating gains in newly discovered ranges. The total capitalization of all digital assets in circulation hit $243 billion from $232 billion on Tuesday, while an average daily trading volume reached $107 billion.
Top-3 coins price overview:
- Bitcoin has retreated to $8,000 from $8,337 high reached on Tuesday. The largest digital coin has been rangebound with bearish bias during early Asian hours on Wednesday. Declining volatility and speculative positioning keep the bulls at bays so far.
- Ethereum, the second biggest digital asset with the market value of over $23.0 billion, has gained over 9% in recent 24 hours and stayed unchanged since the beginning of Wednesday. ETH retraced from an intraday high of $222.16 to trade at $219.45 by press time.
- Ripple’s XRP is an uncontested growth leader of the day as the coin has gained over 23% in recent 24 hours and 6.5% on Wednesday to trade at $0.4320 at the time of writing. The total capitalization of the coin reached $18.2 billion.
The biggest market-movers:
- Tezos has registered over 18% of gains in recent 24 hours and moved to the 15th place in the cryptocurrency rating compiled by CoinMarketCap.
- Stellar and Ontology are also big movers with over 13% of gains on a day-on-day basis. They are closely followed by Cardano. The 10th largest coin managed has grown by 13.7% in recent 24 hours.