Facebook, especially its ads feature, is a potent tool for affiliate marketers or those who promote a product or service in exchange for a commission per sale or referral. It provides significant benefits for small business owners since you can gain more customers and higher revenues without investing a substantial capital on online advertising.
If you’re planning to maximize your Facebook presence and boost your affiliate marketing campaign, here are a couple of tips to help you get started:
1. Create Dedicated Landing Pages
It’s crucial to note that Facebook wants people to stay on its platform, redirecting them only when the user explicitly requests to visit an external website. However, the social networking site is also notorious for banning page owners who send subscribers to their affiliate link.
What you can do instead is to create a dedicated landing page for your website and direct your followers there. With this, you can market the products or services you promote as an affiliate without the risk of getting penalized. Check out https://www.journalreview.org/ for a list of practical Facebook Ads marketing courses and to learn more about lead generation.
These are the vital elements of a high-converting landing page:
- Eye-Catching Headline – Your headline is featured in the preview of the link when you post it on your Facebook page. You want a title that entices your subscribers enough for them to click on the hyperlink and land on your site without compromising accuracy on the general message of the web page.
- Attention-Grabbing Sub-Headers – Sub-headers are typically found beneath the headline. This should complement your title and encourage your visitors to continue reading what you have to say.
- Relevant Imagery – Photos are vital for your website since it can help break up your text and boost your message. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. So, you should find images that complement your content.
- Clear Call to Action – A call to action is an appeal that gives your subscribers an idea of what they should do once they’ve viewed what you’re promoting. Ensure that you don’t invite confusion or misinterpretation with the words you use and the way you convey it.
2. Study the Rules
As mentioned above, you want to make sure that your account does not get suspended on Facebook. To do this, you must read up on the community’s rules and regulations. They provide an Advertising Policies page to help users understand their policies and make sure that everyone complies to keep the platform safe.
Facebook revealed that they check the elements of your ad such as images, text, targeting, and positioning. They will also view where your post redirects your subscribers. Your online advertisement won’t be approved if the content of the landing page isn’t fully functional, has a different product or service promoted in your ad, or violates their advertising policies.
The two types of content that won’t get published in the social media site are:
- Prohibited Content – Whether you upload images or videos, the promotion of illegal products or services such as drugs and unsafe supplements, discriminatory practices, weapons or explosives, and adult products and services are barred from the platform. Selling tobacco and surveillance equipment is also not allowed.
- Restricted Content – Ads about alcohol, gambling that involves real money, state lotteries, online pharmacies, and financial products and services can be published provided that they comply with the applicable rules and guidelines mandated by the government.
3. Know the Type of Campaign to Run
There are various types of Facebook Ad types that you can utilize for your affiliate marketing strategy. There are domain ads, which is the most common, as well as carousel posts, which allow you to promote several products or services at once. Knowing the type of campaign to publish is crucial for getting those clicks and bringing your target audience to your landing page.
These are the types of Facebook ads you can try out:
- Domain Ads – This post is the most common format you see on your News Feed. It shows your caption with a single image and a link description along with the hyperlink to your website.
- Carousel Ads – Carousel ads allow you to upload multiple products and services for your post. Facebook also automatically optimizes the ad to show the image that got the most clicks first. This way, you know what item is popular with your subscribers.
Facebook ads make it more accessible for everyone to launch a campaign that can reach your target audience. Because of its vast network and easy navigation, it is one of the essential tools for affiliate marketers. Start with one post and explore the features that can help you create a successful advertisement.