The newest American Household Insurance coverage Amphitheater headliner announcement comes with a twist as the brand new main act for the Huge Gig is not a musician however a comic: Dave Chappelle, who will carry out a one-night-only present on Saturday, Sept. 11.
Chappelle final carried out in Milwaukee in March final 12 months at The Pabst Theater – some of the final dwell exhibits within the metropolis earlier than the COVID-19 pandemic shut the globe down. This may mark his first efficiency ever on the Huge Gig, and maybe the first-ever comedy headliner on the primary stage. (NOTE: George Carlin famously carried out in 1972, however as an opener for Arlo Guthrie, and Bob Hope headlined in 1969, however at County Stadium, earlier than Summerfest had a everlasting residence.)
Tickets for the present will go on sale beginning Friday, June 11 at midday at each Summerfest’s website and Ticketmaster. An advance warning: Cell telephones, cameras and different recording gadgets won’t be allowed into the Chappelle headliner present.
With at the moment’s announcement, the Summerfest headliner lineup is nearly full. This is the place it stands now:
- Wednesday, Sept. 1 – Inexperienced Day, Weezer and Fall Out Boy
- Thursday, Sept. 2 – Luke Bryan
- Friday, Sept. 3 – Likelihood the Rapper
- Saturday, Sept. 4 – TBA
- Wednesday, Sept. 8 – Jonas Brothers
- Thursday, Sept. 9 – Chris Stapleton
- Friday, Sept. 10 – Zac Brown Band
- Saturday, Sept. 11 – Dave Chappelle
- Wednesday, Sept. 15 – Dave Matthews Band
- Thursday, Sept. 16 – Megan Thee Stallion
- Friday, Sept. 17 – Miley Cyrus
- Saturday, Sept. 18 – Weapons n’ Roses
For extra updates on Summerfest – and the remainder of the summer festival season – keep tuned to OnMilwaukee.