Baked BBQ Hen Thighs are ultra-juicy and so stuffed with taste, smothered in our family-favorite candy and sticky home made BBQ sauce. This is a straightforward, flexible hen dinner that you just’ll need to make for family and friends year-round.
We adore our favourite meats smothered with BBQ taste, from Rapid Pot Ribs to Burgers. When you love the smoky sweetness of BBQ meals, wait till you style those Baked BBQ Hen thighs.
This submit would possibly include associate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.
Juicy BBQ Baked Hen Thighs
Those baked BBQ hen thighs are easy to make and are available out unbelievably saucy and juicy. Savory barbeque sauce carmelizes over the thighs to fasten in all of the tenderness and taste.
We’ve made this hen thighs recipe such a lot of instances, both for relatives dinners or for pals after we entertain. We’ve even tripled the recipe for a instructor’s appreciation lunch at our youngsters’ college. Not anything beats boneless thighs smothered in smoky, sticky-sweet taste.
Why You’ll Love This Simple Hen Recipe
This BBQ hen is one in every of our relatives’s favourite weeknight foods. Right here’s why you’ll like it, too:
- Flavorful – Those thighs are wealthy and smoky, and a bit candy from the BBQ Sauce. However your most well-liked sauce may also paintings completely.
- All-Season – Revel in this tasty BBQ hen year-round. Baking your boneless hen thighs within the oven is tremendous simple, or stir up the grill all through grilling season.
- Nice for a Crowd – Double and even triple the batch if you want a beneficiant quantity of hen (or in case you simply need leftovers). You’ll want to scroll for the make-ahead guidelines underneath.
The important thing to completely flavorful BBQ baked hen thighs lies in only a handful of elements, summarized underneath. Don’t disregard to discuss with the recipe card for the whole main points.
- Hen Thighs – You’ll want between 2 and a couple of ½ kilos of boneless, skinless hen thighs. Take into accout to trim the hen of extra fats sooner than you get started.
- Oil – Use a good-quality cooking oil, like olive oil or avocado oil.
- Seasoning – We season our hen thighs with a mixture of sea salt and recent cracked pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder for additonal taste.
- BBQ Sauce – Use your most well-liked emblem of store-bought BBQ sauce, or make your personal the usage of our recipe for tasty home made BBQ sauce.
Professional Tip: You’ll be able to indisputably use bone-in, skin-on hen thighs for this recipe in case you desire. Bone-in thighs take longer to bake, even though. Consult with the baking directions for our Honey Mustard Hen Thighs.
The best way to make BBQ Hen Thighs within the Oven
First, line a baking sheet with parchment paper whilst you preheat the oven to 400ºF. Now, let’s make some juicy baked BBQ hen thighs:
- Season the Hen – Upload hen thighs to a bowl in conjunction with the oil and seasonings and toss to coat.
- Upload BBQ Sauce – Stir in about part of the BBQ sauce in order that the hen is flippantly lined.
- Bake – Position the hen thighs onto your ready baking sheet with the sleek facet (what will be the pores and skin facet) dealing with down. Bake for 20 mins, turn, then brush the leftover BBQ sauce over the opposite facet. Go back the hen to the oven to bake for every other 10 mins.
- Broil – Finally, you’ll need to get the BBQ sauce great and caramelized. Transfer the oven to broil, maintaining a tally of the hen whilst it chefs for every other 3-5 mins, or till the sauce is about. As soon as the hen is out of the oven, depart it to relaxation for a couple of mins sooner than serving. See underneath for simple serving concepts.
Professional Tip: Don’t disregard to line your pan for simple clean-up. It’s tough to clean burnt sugar off of a baking sheet.
Can I Get ready This Hen Forward?
Completely. This BBQ hen could be very make-ahead pleasant, so you’ll get a headstart at the recipe in case you’re anticipating a crowd.
- Marinate Forward: After the hen thighs are oiled and seasoned (depart the BBQ sauce off for now), quilt and refrigerate the raw hen for as much as 2 days.
- Stay Heat: To stay the cooked hen heat till you’re able to serve it, switch it to a sluggish cooker once they arrive out of the oven and set it to the “stay heat” surroundings for as much as 4 hours.
Hen is cooked when the inner temperature reaches 165ºF on an instant-read thermometer.
Sure, you’ll make this recipe the usage of hen breasts instead of thighs. Bake the hen for 22-26 mins at 400ºF.
Two kilos is ready 8 hen thighs. You’ll be able to scale this recipe up or down as wanted.
Completely. Those hen thighs will take about 24-Half-hour at the grill. Consult with our recipe for Grilled Hen Thighs for main points.
Sure, observe our Air Fryer Hen thighs directions for boneless skinless thighs, and air fry for 12-Quarter-hour at 375, basting with sauce midway via after flipping.
In search of tasty aspects to show this saucy BBQ hen right into a meal? Take a look at those concepts:
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
In keeping with the FDA pointers, cooked hen will also be left at room temperature for up 2 hours. After this, you’ll wish to refrigerate or freeze the baked BBQ hen.
- To Refrigerate: Retailer the cooked hen thighs hermetic and stay them within the refrigerator for as much as 3-4 days.
- Reheating: Heat leftover BBQ hen thighs within the oven at 350ºF, coated, till they’re scorching all the way through. You’ll be able to additionally reheat within the air fryer for 4-5 mins.
- To Freeze: Retailer the baked hen thighs in an hermetic, freezer-safe container or zip-top bag and stay them frozen for as much as 3-4 months. Thaw the hen within the refrigerator in a single day sooner than reheating.
We are hoping you’ll get as a lot mileage out of this straightforward, baked BBQ hen thighs recipe as we’ve! It’s the easiest meal on every occasion you’re yearning the ones scrumptious smoky BBQ flavors. Tell us what you suppose within the feedback underneath.
Extra Simple Hen Recipes
When you cherished this baked hen thighs recipe, you’ll indisputably need to give those different mouthwatering hen dinner concepts a check out:
Baked BBQ Hen Thighs Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook dinner Time: 35 mins
General Time: 45 mins
Baked BBQ Hen Thighs are a very easy dinner concept that is totally loaded with taste. This hen thighs recipe is extremely juicy, smothered in candy and smoky home made BBQ sauce.
Dinner, Major Route
baked bbq hen thighs, baked hen thighs, bbq hen thighs
Price to Make:
Servings: 4 – 6 servings
Preheat the oven to 400ºF with a rack within the middle of the oven. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Set hen right into a blending bowl (or zip-top bag). Drizzle with oil and season with salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder. Combine till flippantly lined with seasonings.
Pour part of the bbq sauce over the hen and stir to flippantly coat.
Organize hen thighs on a baking sheet with the sleek facet down. Bake for 20 mins then turn the hen over, brush with the rest bbq sauce, and bake for every other 10 mins or till the inner temperature reaches a minimum of 165°F on an instant-read thermometer.
Set the oven to broil and proceed baking for 3-5 mins to caramelize and set the bbq sauce. Keep watch over it so it doesn’t burn. Leisure for no less than 5 mins then serve with extra bbq sauce if desired.
Baked BBQ Hen Thighs Recipe
Quantity Consistent with Serving
Energy from Fats 117
% Day by day Price*
Saturated Fats 3g19%
Trans Fats 0.04g
Polyunsaturated Fats 2g
Monounsaturated Fats 6g
Ldl cholesterol 215mg72%
Nutrition A 136IU3%
Nutrition C 0.3mg0%
* P.c Day by day Values are in accordance with a 2000 calorie nutrition.