Writing notes isn’t just about ticking off a field in your to-do checklist and even having excellent manners. It’s about delighting the recipient with a heartfelt, trustworthy and, maximum of all, private type of conversation.
Within the ebook of Proverbs, King Soloman says that “A phrase fitly spoken is like apples of gold in footage of silver.” Fitly right here method “correctly,” and what’s a extra correct type of conversation than a handwritten word?
For many people, handwritten notes have been a staple of rising up with folks who insisted that we write “correct” thanks notes for birthday items, Christmas items, graduations, showers and extra. Whilst we could have considered it as a question of etiquette, it’s truly so a lot more than that.
Handwritten notes are almost definitely the warmest and maximum private type of conversation, so incorporating them as a part of your advertising and marketing plan is the easiest method to create a better dating along with your sphere of affect. Right here’s why you will have to be writing them, equipment you can use and a few concepts for write them as effectively.
Advantages of handwritten notes for actual property brokers
There’s a explanation why that handwritten notes are any such widespread a part of such a lot of brokers’ advertising and marketing plans. From new brokers to veterans, they provide unheard of effects. Right here’s why they paintings so effectively:
We all know that actual property is a dating trade, and handwritten notes assist to construct the ones relationships. As a result of they really feel so private and considerate, they make a large impact and guarantee everybody from contributors of your SOI to results in referral companions that they’re particular to you — and worthy of your time and a focus.
Advanced shopper delight
The private outreach that handwritten notes supply ends up in progressed shopper delight. Nobody needs to really feel like they’re only a quantity. Each and every shopper you might have needs to really feel like your favourite. Achieving out with a handwritten word can do so, particularly whilst you come with private main points.
Greater probability of referrals
The connection you construct with handwritten notes can simply translate into further referrals, particularly for those who proceed to keep in touch with previous shoppers lengthy after the final. As a result of private notes are incessantly stored for months or years, they out survive just about every other form of advertising and marketing collateral and stay you most sensible of thoughts for years yet to come.
Sorts of handwritten notes for actual property brokers
Whilst you don’t want an excuse to ship a handwritten word, listed below are some key instances within the lifecycle of your shopper dating when a handwritten word is especially welcome.
Whether or not you’re thanking them for his or her trade, for a referral or for being a pal, your recipient will probably be delighted with a handwritten thanks word. In finding various concepts and examples in my article: Tips on how to write the easiest thank-you word assured to generate leads
How do you stay your nice first impact going after an inventory appointment, purchaser session, or interviewing along with your dream staff or brokerage? With a promptly delivered handwritten follow-up word. Recap your dialog, finish along with your CTA (name to motion) and, as at all times, specific your trustworthy gratitude.
‘Simply checking in’ notes
Haven’t heard from a favourite shopper or referral spouse shortly? Achieve out and renew the connection with a well-timed checking in word. You by no means truly want an excuse to mention “Hello” on this means, but when you wish to have one take a look at their social media feeds for contemporary lifestyles adjustments or accomplishments.
Reasonably than sending out preprinted playing cards on the vacations, believe a handwritten word as a substitute. Be offering your warmest private needs on a sublime piece of stationery with a border colour that displays the season.
Pointers for writing efficient handwritten notes
Wish to be sure that your handwritten notes are having the have an effect on you wish to have at the recipient? Stay those tips in thoughts:
- Stay it concise. This isn’t the time to start up a protracted dialog. It’s simply a possibility so that you can contact base. If you wish to have an extended dialog, accomplish that through telephone or in individual.
- Be private. Attempt to come with one thing concerning the recipient or about their transaction to make your word extra private and no more generic.
- Use correct grammar and spelling. When you’re no longer nice at those parts, have somebody proofread your notes for accuracy.
- Use high quality paper and pens. It is going to sound out of date, however the kind of writing parts you employ makes a distinction in the best way your word is perceived. Spend money on heavyweight stationery and a high quality pen with both darkish blue or black ink.
Perfect practices for incorporating handwritten notes into your actual property trade
- Agenda time for word writing, ideally as soon as per week or for a couple of mins every day.
- Use a CRM to trace notes and the private main points that lead them to simpler.
- Personalize notes for each and every recipient, relating to them the best way that you’d in actual lifestyles.
- Use handwritten notes together with virtual conversation to toughen your message and building up your touch.
- Teach your staff or brokerage at the significance of handwritten notes and believe offering them with stationery and stamps so they’ve no excuse for no longer writing their notes. Imagine preserving collaborative note-writing periods to make it a amusing crew job.
Writing notes isn’t just about ticking off a field in your to-do checklist and even having excellent manners. It’s about delighting the recipient with a heartfelt, trustworthy and, maximum of all, private type of conversation. Incorporate handwritten notes into your outreach and notice what an have an effect on they’ve, each on you and at the other folks to whom you ship them.
Christy Murdock is a contract author, trainer and advisor and the landlord of Writing Actual Property. Hook up with Writing Actual Property on Instagram and subscribe to the weekly roundup, The Ketchup.