Those air fryer buffalo cauliflower bites are the BEST appetizer or recreation day snack! They are crispy, saucy, and highly spiced. You will not be able to get sufficient!
This air fryer buffalo cauliflower is the ULTIMATE recreation day snack. It’s saucy, highly spiced, and crispy, the type of finger meals that packs a ton of taste right into a unmarried chew. If you happen to nonetheless want snack recs for the Tremendous Bowl subsequent weekend, right here’s mine: make this!
I primarily based this recipe at the baked buffalo cauliflower I shared remaining fall. When I posted it, I heard from such a lot of of you requesting an air fryer model. I’m SO GLAD I attempted one, as a result of this air fryer buffalo cauliflower may well be even higher than the oven model (which used to be already very scrumptious). The air fryer simply makes it that a lot more crispy! Eat the florets on their very own (caution: they’re significantly addictive!) or take them excessive with a creamy dipping sauce. This vegan ranch is improbable.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe Substances
To make this air fryer buffalo cauliflower recipe, you’ll get started by means of breaking a head of cauliflower into huge florets.
Then, you’ll make a batter out of all-purpose flour, cornstarch, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and water. The cornstarch is the name of the game to getting the cauliflower great and crisp!
After you air fry the cauliflower, you’ll brush it with buffalo sauce. I love to make a home made one the usage of Frank’s purple scorching sauce, melted butter, garlic powder, paprika, and honey. For a vegan selection, sub vegan butter for normal butter and use agave as an alternative of honey!
Don’t omit the vegan ranch dressing for serving! For a complete “buffalo wings” enjoy, carrots and celery sticks are a laugh too.
To find the whole recipe with measurements underneath.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Guidelines
- Actually coat that cauliflower! The batter is what offers the cauliflower its crispy, “fried” impact, so you wish to have to get it into each corner and cranny of every floret. While you upload the cauliflower to the thick flour combination, stir smartly to verify the florets are absolutely lined.
- Don’t crowd the basket. If it’s too crowded, the cauliflower will steam as an alternative of having browned and crisp. Organize the florets in one layer and depart somewhat area round every one. Paintings in batches if essential. It takes me two batches to make this recipe in my air fryer.
- Turn it sparsely. While you turn the cauliflower after the primary little while of cooking, it will need to keep on with the air fryer basket. That’s adequate! If you happen to use a spatula to loosen the cauliflower from the basket, you’ll have the ability to turn it with out tearing off its crispy coating. To attenuate sticking, you’ll additionally evenly grease the basket with cooking spray earlier than including the cauliflower.
- Sauce it two times. For the most productive buffalo taste, you’ll want to sauce those cauliflower bites two times: as soon as midway in the course of the cook dinner time, and as soon as simply earlier than serving. Don’t dangle again right here! Rotate the florets as you sweep at the sauce with a purpose to coat them on both sides.
- Devour it straight away. This buffalo cauliflower is perfect scorching from the air fryer, when it’s nonetheless great and crisp. Leftovers will stay in an hermetic container within the refrigerator for as much as 2 days, however they’ll lose a few of their crispness. If you happen to’re making this recipe for a birthday party or recreation day, I like to recommend air frying the cauliflower simply earlier than serving.
Extra Favourite Air Fryer Recipes
If you happen to love those air fryer buffalo cauliflower wings, check out making such a a laugh snacks within the air fryer subsequent:
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup water
- 1 head cauliflower, about 2 kilos, damaged into huge florets
- Buffalo Sauce, for brushing
- Vegan Ranch, for dipping, not obligatory
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
In a big bowl, whisk in combination the flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt. Upload the water and whisk till clean. Upload the cauliflower and stir to coat.
Carry the cauliflower florets out of the batter, permitting any extra batter to drip again into the bowl. Organize in one layer within the air fryer basket, leaving somewhat area round every floret. Don’t crowd the basket. Paintings in batches as essential.
Air fry for 9 mins. Take away from the air fryer and use a spatula to scrupulously turn the florets. Brush with probably the most buffalo sauce. Air fry for any other 5 to ten mins, or till the cauliflower is darkish and crisp across the edges.
Take away from the air fryer and brush with further buffalo sauce. If desired, serve with vegan ranch for dipping.