This recipe for traditional Cranberry Sauce is very easy and made with simply 3 substances. Regardless of what number of batches of cranberry sauce I’ve made, I all the time come again to this one. It’s easy, it’s vintage, and it’s in point of fact the most productive.
While you take a look at selfmade cranberry sauce, there’s simply no going again to storebought. It’s higher in style, texture, and presentation. Pair this iconic vacation aspect dish along with your Juicy Roast Turkey for a burst of sweet-tart taste in each and every chew.
This submit would possibly include associate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.
We adore cranberries for the vacations, from Sugared Cranberries (and you’ll be able to use leftovers to make this cranberry sauce!) to wet and fluffy Cranberry Bread. In case you are searching for a go-to cranberry sauce, that is it! Plus, you’ll be able to alternate it up in such a lot of alternative ways and make it your personal (see permutations underneath).
Vintage Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Home made Cranberry Sauce is iconic for the vacations and a staple of our Thanksgiving menu once a year. Not anything pairs higher with Thanksgiving Turkey. The combo of candy and tangy with savory meats is irresistibly just right.
Learn on for our recommendations on the right way to sweeten this recipe the herbal method, with out processed sugar. We’ve additionally incorporated some amusing permutations to in point of fact make this recipe your personal as a result of there are 100 techniques to make cranberry sauce.
You don’t want a lot to make a just right cranberry sauce (scroll all the way down to get the entire quantities to be had within the recipe card):
- Sweetener – Use your collection of granulated sugar or a herbal sweetener, like honey or maple syrup. My favourite is maple syrup as it provides a pleasant layer of maple taste.
- Cranberries – We adore making this recipe with complete contemporary cranberries. Many grocery shops will lift baggage of clean cranberries after they’re in season.
Professional Tip: You don’t want cornstarch to set this highest cranberry sauce. Cranberries include pectin, a herbal thickener this is launched when the berries are heated. For those who simmer the sauce lengthy sufficient, it’s going to thicken all by itself.
Can I Use Frozen Cranberries?
Sure, this recipe will paintings with frozen cranberries, too. Frozen cranberries will take somewhat longer to come back to a boil and simmer, however the texture all the time seems simply as scrumptious.
It’s simple to freeze contemporary cranberries within the baggage they got here in (or switch them to a freezer bag). They’ll stay frozen for as much as a yr, and we virtually all the time have a stash in our freezer.
Find out how to Make Cranberry Sauce from Scratch
We simply love how briefly this recipe comes in combination at the stovetop. It’s simply 3 steps:
- Dissolve the Sugar – In a saucepan, mix your sweetener of selection with water at the stovetop, and convey it to a simmer. Stir till the sugar has totally dissolved.
- Upload Cranberries and Cook dinner – Upload the cranberries to the pot and allow them to come to a low boil, then cook dinner, exposed, till the sauce thickens. Be mindful to stir every so often.
- Cool and Serve – Stir in more sweetener to style, then go away the cranberry sauce to chill. See underneath for simple serving tips.
Professional Tip: In case your cranberry sauce nonetheless tastes just a little sour or too tart after it’s cooked, you’ll be able to upload extra sweetener to style.
My favourite variation is that this vintage and easy model, however there are such a large amount of techniques you’ll be able to alternate up and experience this sauce. Under are less difficult permutations and add-in concepts (see the recipe card for extra detailed directions):
- Cranberry Orange Sauce
- Lemon zest and freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- Orange zest and orange juice
- Dried cherries and pecans
Not unusual Questions
Cranberry relish is in most cases extra sour, constructed from uncooked cranberries which might be minced up in a meals processor.
Sure! Much less sugar or added sweetness will lead to a extra tart and tangy sauce. Get started with ½ cup of sweetener and upload extra to style.
Home made cranberry sauce freezes fantastically (see underneath), so move forward and make a double batch for those who’d love to have extras.
Techniques to Serve Cranberry Sauce
We’ll frequently serve this selfmade sauce chilly or at room temperature. Listed here are simply one of the crucial some ways to experience it:
This vintage condiment assists in keeping neatly for days after it’s made. Right here’s the right way to retailer your leftovers:
- To Refrigerate: Retailer the cooled cranberries hermetic within the refrigerator for as much as 1 week.
- Freezing: You’ll freeze selfmade cranberry sauce for as much as 2 months. Seal it in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag to retailer, and defrost it within the refrigerator prior to serving.
We will be able to’t look forward to you to take a look at this straightforward, but unbelievably tangy and engaging 3-ingredient cranberry sauce.
Extra Cranberry Recipes
Can’t get sufficient cranberries for the vacations? Take a look at much more simple cranberry recipes:
Simple Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Cook dinner Time: 20 mins
General Time: 20 mins
Home made Cranberry Sauce is an iconic Thanksgiving aspect dish made with simply 3 substances. You’ll sweeten it with sugar or use a herbal sweetener like honey or maple syrup (our favourite!). The candy and tangy flavors pair completely with savory turkey.
Price to Make:
cranberry sauce, selfmade cranberry sauce, the right way to make cranberry sauce
Condiments, Facet Dish
Servings: 8 servings
granulated sugar, or 3/4 cup honey or maple syrup, plus extra to style
contemporary or frozen cranberries
Non-compulsory add-ins initially of cooking:
broad strips of lemon zest, plus 1 Tbsp lemon juice
broad strips of orange zest, plus 1/4 cup juice
In a massive saucepan, mix sugar (or maple syrup or honey) and water. Set over medium warmth and stir to dissolve the sugar. Upload cranberries and convey to a steady boil. Cut back warmth to low and simmer exposed, stirring every so often, till the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, about 12-Quarter-hour.
Upload extra maple syrup, honey, or sugar to style if wanted, then take away from warmth and funky sauce to room temperature prior to serving.
- To Retailer: As soon as cranberry sauce has cooled to room temperature, switch to an hermetic container and refrigerate for as much as 1 week.
Simple Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Quantity Consistent with Serving
Energy from Fats 1
% Day by day Price*
Saturated Fats 0.004g0%
Polyunsaturated Fats 0.02g
Monounsaturated Fats 0.01g
Nutrition A 26IU1%
Nutrition C 6mg7%
* % Day by day Values are in response to a 2000 calorie vitamin.