Rooster sous-chef casserole is a tackle a cafe favourite. In case you like sous-chef, you’ll LOVE this tacky hen casserole recipe.
A flavorful selfmade creamy, tacky sauce is tossed with pasta, hen, and ham. It’s all crowned with buttery breadcrumbs and baked till bubbly.
Prep forward and pa it within the oven for a very simple meal any day of the week.
Simple Creamy Casserole
This straightforward casserole recipe is a tackle our favourite vintage hen sous-chef recipe.
- No wish to stuff & roll hen breasts, this straightforward casserole is simply full of taste.
- The sauce is produced from scratch, no canned condensed cream of hen soup is needed.
- This casserole will also be made forward of time and baked simply ahead of serving.
- No longer simplest does this dish glance spectacular, however the taste is exceptional with a tacky white sauce and crispy golden panko topping.
Elements in Rooster Cordon Bleu Casserole
Use leftover ham from final evening’s dinner or acquire an affordable ham steak on the grocery retailer.
Home made Cheese Sauce – This is a straightforward selfmade sous-chef sauce with a number of taste. It begins with a base of milk and hen broth (any more or less milk works) which is thickened. It’s seasoned with a little of dijon, thyme, sherry, and Worcestershire sauce. In case you don’t have cooking sherry, you’ll be able to upload a little of white wine in position.
Cheese – Swiss cheese is conventional in hen sous-chef and provides this dish its well known taste. The addition of both Monterey or white cheddar rounds out the flavour so the swiss cheese so it doesn’t overpower the entire dish. You’ll be able to use any delicate cheese instead of Monterey jack (like mozzarella or provolone).
Pasta – For the pasta on this recipe, use medium noodles, like ziti, rotini, penne, and even egg noodles. A few cups of rice will also be substituted or check out roasted cauliflower florets for an extremely low carb model.
How you can Make Rooster Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Make the selfmade cheese sauce (according to recipe under).
- Cook dinner the pasta al dente.
- In a big bowl, mix the hen, ham, pasta, and sauce.
- Position right into a baking dish and sprinkle with the topping combination. Bake till bubbly.
Pointers for a Nice Rooster Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Don’t skip the shredded swiss cheese on this hen sous-chef casserole recipe, it offers this dish its signature taste.
- Cooking sherry will also be substituted with candy white wine if wanted.
- Cook dinner the pasta al dente, it’s going to prepare dinner a little extra because it bakes.
- Permit the casserole to relaxation for roughly 10 mins ahead of helping thicken the sauce.
- Prep forward and wrap it in plastic wrap. This recipe will also be stored within the refrigerator for 48 hours ahead of baking.
Can You Freeze Cordon Bleu Casserole?
- Sous-chef casserole is the very best dish for making forward of time and freezing. Due to this fact, leftovers also are nice for tossing within the freezer and having in a position for a fast dinner or for a pack-and-go lunch.
- To freeze, position it in an hermetic container. It is going to stay within the freezer for as much as 3 months. To reheat, permit the casserole to thaw within the fridge. Then duvet with aluminum foil, preheat the oven to 325°F, and bake for Half-hour or till heated thru.
Did you’re keen on this Cordon Bleu Casserole? You should definitely depart a score and a remark under!
Rooster Cordon Bleu Casserole
This is a straightforward hen sous-chef as a result of the entirety is going into the casserole dish in combination!
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Soften butter in a saucepan over medium warmth. Upload flour and prepare dinner for 1 minute, stirring repeatedly. Whisk in hen broth and milk a bit of bit at a time till clean. Proceed stirring till the sauce thickens, about 7 mins. Let boil 1 minute.
Upload in sherry, Dijon, Worcestershire, garlic powder, thyme, and pepper. Take away from warmth and stir in Swiss & Monterey Jack cheeses.
In the meantime, prepare dinner pasta al dente consistent with package deal instructions. Don’t overcook. Mix pasta, hen, ham, and sauce. Pour right into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Mix melted butter, Panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese & parsley. Sprinkle over most sensible of casserole.
Bake exposed for 25-Half-hour or till scorching and the highest is evenly browned. Take away from the oven and relaxation for 10 mins ahead of serving.
For the hen, use rotisserie or cooked hen breasts.
Leftovers will also be refrigerated as much as 3 days, and can stay within the freezer as much as 3 months.
If making forward for freezer or fridge, depart off the topping and upload ahead of cooking.
To reheat, duvet with foil and bake for 20-25 mins in a preheated oven set at 325°F.
Energy: 590 | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 34g | Fats: 27g | Saturated Fats: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 777mg | Potassium: 405mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Nutrition A: 622IU | Nutrition C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 392mg | Iron: 2mg
Vitamin data equipped is an estimate and can range in line with cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright secure. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and favored. Copying and/or pasting complete recipes to any social media is precisely prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.