HOTREC welcomes the proposal for a Law on temporary lodging leases (STR), introduced as of late via the Eu Fee.
The initiative is a very powerful step and alternative to stage the enjoying box among all lodging suppliers, a majority of which can be microenterprises, and identify a framework that may give protection to and receive advantages customers, citizens, native communities and all of the EU tourism ecosystem.
‘’Hospitality trade has lengthy been calling for an EU Law that might cope with demanding situations introduced ahead via the STR lodging phenomenon. These days, development upon the lately followed Virtual Products and services Act, the Eu Fee proposal represents a step in the suitable route to verify an excellent, clear, aggressive and sustainable lodging atmosphere” mentioned Ms Marie Audren, Director Basic of HOTREC.
HOTREC will analyse the proposal and we stay up for proceeding discussions with the Individuals of the Eu Parliament and the Council of the EU.
In July 2022, HOTREC printed a place paper which appears over years of regulatory debate and coverage responses to the rising problem of STR services and products and items our imaginative and prescient of control STR lodging.
We recognized the next key targets:
• identify a necessary host registration gadget and necessary data-sharing duties,
• empower native government to regulate the improvement of STR services and products, specifically referring to marketplace get right of entry to prerequisites for STR hosts,
• make stronger nationwide fiscal government with related records,
• introduce measures that may purpose to succeed in a similar stage of well being, security and safety as the ones already well-established for regulated tourism lodging services and products (lodges, guesthouses, and many others.), and,
• be sure that fundamental regulations observe to all STR hosts (execs and friends).