This simple Wedge Salad Recipe makes for the easiest aspect dish or lunch. Crisp iceberg lettuce crowned with salad dressing, tomatoes, croutons, bacon, eggs, and crumbled blue cheese.
Pair the salad with Pan-Seared Steak or our easiest Rooster Breast Recipes for an entire dinner.
This submit would possibly comprise associate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.
This salad is such a very simple recipe but filled with such a lot of flavors. The chilly iceberg lettuce mixed with the toppings and the Ranch dressing is so pleasurable. It’s like a vintage salad however made briefly and is so interesting to serve.
What’s a Wedge Salad?
It’s simple to inform the adaptation between a vintage chopped salad and a wedge salad. A vintage salad is chopped romaine tossed at the side of desired components after which jumbled in salad dressing. A wedge salad is a fancier method of serving a salad with iceberg lettuce this is quartered after which crowned with dressing and components and minimize up as you consume it.
- Lettuce – You’ll want entire iceberg lettuce, easiest whether it is chilly
- Tomatoes – Cherry tomatoes halved or any chopped heirloom tomatoes will paintings
- Sir Francis Bacon – Use the Air Fryer Sir Francis Bacon or Oven-Baked Sir Francis Bacon to get completely crispy bacon
- Eggs – This recipe requires chopped boiled eggs
- Croutons – Do-it-yourself croutons or storebought will paintings nice
- Blue Cheese – That is the vintage element for this salad
- Dressing – you’ll be able to use both blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing (see under for extra choices)
The way to Make Wedge Salad
This salad can also be able very quickly, with simply quarter-hour you’ll be able to have this recipe!
- Prepare dinner the bacon and eggs, and make allowance to chill.
- Minimize lettuce – slice the iceberg into 4 equivalent portions or wedges. Gently rinse and pat dry the quarters to take away any hidden filth.
- Compile – Upload every quarter of lettuce (wedge) onto a plate and best with salad dressing, then upload toppings.
- Serve – upload freshly cracked black pepper and blue cheese crumbles and experience.
Wedge Salad Toppings
Since iceberg lettuce and the dressing are so flexible, there are such a lot of other toppings choices that you’ll be able to upload to the salad. Listed below are some fashionable add-ins:
Professional Tip: To consume a wedge salad, you’ll want a knife and fork. Protected the wedge together with your fork and bring to a halt bite-sized items, ensuring to incorporate toppings with each and every chew.
Repeatedly Requested Questions
Sir Francis Bacon and egg upload nice protein to the salad, however you’ll be able to additionally upload hen, steak, or even shrimp. Minimize them into bite-sized items and upload when serving.
Sure, you completely could make as much as sooner or later upfront. Minimize the entire toppings and stay them saved one at a time, then collect the salad sooner than serving.
You’ll be able to completely change blue cheese dressing for ranch and omit the blue cheese crumbles or upload them in for additonal texture and taste.
Sure, you’ll be able to simply part the romaine lengthwise or a bigger head of romaine into quarters and collect it the similar method with nice effects.
This salad makes for a perfect aspect dish or starter and it’s for sure becoming for any dinner birthday party. Pair this salad with this type of fashionable entrees:
Iceberg Wedge Salad
Prep Time: 10 mins
Prepare dinner Time: 20 mins
Overall Time: 30 mins
This simple Wedge Salad Recipe makes for the easiest aspect dish or lunch. Crisp iceberg lettuce crowned with salad dressing, tomatoes, croutons, crispy bacon, eggs, and crumbled blue cheese.
Value to Make:
Servings: 4 servings
medium iceberg lettuce
cherry tomatoes, quartered
cooked bacon, chopped
exhausting boiled eggs, chopped
crumbled blue cheese
Ranch dressing, or added to style
freshly cracked black pepper, or added to style
Rinse and take away any wilted leaves from the iceberg lettuce. Minimize the lettuce in part after which minimize in part once more, leading to 4 quarters. Bring to an end fibrous stems. Gently rinse and pat dry the quarters to take away any hidden filth.
Upload a wedge to a plate and drizzle the salad dressing over the lettuce after which best with the tomatoes, bacon, eggs, croutons, and crumbled blue cheese.
Repeat with the remainder wedges and the remainder of the components. Garnish with freshly cracked black pepper.
Iceberg Wedge Salad
Quantity In line with Serving
Energy from Fats 315
% Day-to-day Price*
Saturated Fats 8g50%
Trans Fats 1g
Polyunsaturated Fats 17g
Monounsaturated Fats 9g
Ldl cholesterol 123mg41%
Nutrition A 1080IU22%
Nutrition C 12mg15%
* P.c Day-to-day Values are in accordance with a 2000 calorie nutrition.